Re-Vamping the Bookshelf
This blog may still be in its baby stages, but alas; here we are remodeling our brand. These are dark times, indeed.
I quickly learned over the course of the past month that I don't read anywhere near fast enough to provide mymillions of readers with valuable content in a respectable time frame. This is not only unfair to my audience, but it also packs on the pressure for me to come up with content that my heart is not in just for the sake of posting. I want to have fun with this, after all.
So...I'm going to add some material to my content list, if you all don't mind. Hell, perhaps I'll even use this as an opportunity to re-introduce myself; the options are endless.
What people may not know about me, is that not only do I collect books, but I am also a tarot card reader and all around spiritual being. I am a big lover and follower of all things occult, metaphysical and otherwise "witchy." Actually, you know what, let's throw paranormal in there as well. My shelves are peppered with tarot decks to temporarily fill the empty spaces until I *cough* can get more books *cough*. Who said that? Yes, even some of my books are magical in nature; but those I read on my own time, when I am in the mood to deepen my knowledge of something particular.
Fear not, I will not use this blog as a means to shove my spiritual beliefs down anyone's throat; I simply want a platform to catalog all the things that do and do not work within my practice.
I am also an avid collector of notebooks, sketchbooks and journals. I currently boast a collection of about 25 floating in various places throughout my condo - each currently serving a specific purpose.
I've always dreamed of becoming a published author, so many of these books are littered with ideas, character make-ups and world design. Of course, nothing has come from these scraps just yet; but there is still time. I revisit them often, though I can't seem to stick to one of them long enough to see it develop into something bigger. It is not inspiration I lack, but the discipline to sit down and see it through.
Don't worry, this blog will still feature books and book reviews. After all, that was my main focus for starting this damn thing in the first place. So, I hope you stick around - let's have some fun!
I quickly learned over the course of the past month that I don't read anywhere near fast enough to provide my
So...I'm going to add some material to my content list, if you all don't mind. Hell, perhaps I'll even use this as an opportunity to re-introduce myself; the options are endless.
What people may not know about me, is that not only do I collect books, but I am also a tarot card reader and all around spiritual being. I am a big lover and follower of all things occult, metaphysical and otherwise "witchy." Actually, you know what, let's throw paranormal in there as well. My shelves are peppered with tarot decks to temporarily fill the empty spaces until I *cough* can get more books *cough*. Who said that? Yes, even some of my books are magical in nature; but those I read on my own time, when I am in the mood to deepen my knowledge of something particular.
Fear not, I will not use this blog as a means to shove my spiritual beliefs down anyone's throat; I simply want a platform to catalog all the things that do and do not work within my practice.
I am also an avid collector of notebooks, sketchbooks and journals. I currently boast a collection of about 25 floating in various places throughout my condo - each currently serving a specific purpose.
I've always dreamed of becoming a published author, so many of these books are littered with ideas, character make-ups and world design. Of course, nothing has come from these scraps just yet; but there is still time. I revisit them often, though I can't seem to stick to one of them long enough to see it develop into something bigger. It is not inspiration I lack, but the discipline to sit down and see it through.
Don't worry, this blog will still feature books and book reviews. After all, that was my main focus for starting this damn thing in the first place. So, I hope you stick around - let's have some fun!
Comments
Post a Comment